- Fri 30 September 2022
- Gaige B. Paulsen
Today we released Cartographica 1.6.1.
This is a minor bug-fix release of Cartographica 1.6.0 and contains a number of bug fixes, feature enhancements, and performance improvements.
Much of the updates have centered around keeping Cartographica up to date with the latest security improvements and bug fixes for underlying technologies that we use.
Today we released Cartographica 1.6.1, which is a bug fix and feature enhancement release. This version builds on Cartographica 1.6, released in June and provides some specific bug fixes.
Cartographica 1.6.1 is available to all users with a Cartographica license for 1.6 and later.
Formal release notes are on macgis.com Release Notes, but here are the highlights:
- improvement: Substantial performance improvements for Overlay Operations when there are multiple CRS involved (map or layer).
- improvement: Trim Layer is now done on multiple threads providing notable performance improvements
- improvement: Trim Map methods now provide status and allow cancel
- fix: bug where pre-1.6 keys were not enforced under all circumstances [#2295]
- fix: out-of-date key message is now more actionable [#2296]
- fix: import of KDM layers could result in an exception (as could loading older Mapsets containing any Analysis layer [#2297]
- fix: bug where georeference information lost when TIFF + TWF saved internally [#741]
- fix: in rare occurrences Exception could be thrown loading PrintInfo [#2290]
- chore: Updated GDAL to 3.5.2 [#21]
- chore: Updated spatialite to 5.0.1
- chore: Updated proj to 9.1.0
- chore: Updated hdf5 to 1.10.9
- chore: Updated netcdf to 4.9.0
- chore: Updated ODBC to 3.52.15 [#2299]
It's also important to note that although we are supporting 10.15 in release 1.6, the expectation in the future is that we will move to supporting the current OS and the immediate-prior release. Today we are supporting 2 prior releases (current is macOS 12, previous macOS 11, and prior to that macOS 10.15). This fall, we expect to drop at least macOS 10.15, and will evaluate the benefits and disadvantages of macOS 11 support after macOS 13 comes out.