Created by the site Google Blogoscoped, the map is an amusing read, even if it isn't "true". However, looking at the top responses, some of the results are pretty interesting:
- United Kingdom - fair play, aristocratic kitchens, extremely unclean, rarely complaining
- Norway - thriftiness, openness and humor, love of fish
- Sweden - austerity, drinking coffee, carving Viking longboats
- Brasil - informality, partying, bikinis
- Canada - cultural diversity, humility and kindness, liking their beer, being tolerant
- Japan - technology, politeness, longevity, indirectness
Although certainly not a source of the true nature of a society, it would seem to provide some insights into how the web views certain places (at least the English-speaking web).