Today we released Cartographica 1.5.5, which is a bug fix and feature enhancement release. This version builds on Cartographica 1.5, and provides some feature enhancements and specific bug fixes.
Cartographica 1.5.5 is available to all users with a Cartographica license.
Formal release notes are on macgis.com Release Notes, but here are the highlights:
- Mapbox is now the default Geocoding and Live Maps provider (details in Preparing for 1.6)
- Added support for creating rasters from Vector point data [CARTOMAC-1896]
- Added support for MapBox-based Geocoding [CARTOMAC-2049]
- Added support for MapBox-based Live Maps [CARTOMAC-2046]
- Added support for BYO keys for MapBox and Bing [CARTOMAC-2047]
- Updated to Sparkle 2.0 for software updates
- Upgraded to EdDSA signatures for signing updates (ed25519) [CARTOMAC-2037]
- Built-in python executor is now Apple Silicon native [CARTOMAC-2044]
Cartographica 1.5 supports macOS X High Sierra and later (10.13.6+). Going forward, we'll likely move to adopt new Apple technologies sooner and that's likely to not only result in quicker release cycles, but will mean moving the minimum requirements more quickly than we have in the past.
Cartographica 1.5.5 is compatible with macOS 12 and both Intel and M1-based Macs, but is not fully-optimized for M1 Macs.