Below are a few maps of the city that I felt were pretty interesting both as someone who enjoys making maps and who enjoys manipulating a great amount of data. I included some information about transportation lines, transportation stations, parks, banks, and police stations.
- Green (Parks)
- Red Lines (Metro Lines)
- Yellow Dots (Metro Stations)
- Blue Diamonds (Police Stations)
- Census Tracts are shaded in hues of blue.
- Navy blue is Highest concentration of Female Headed Households
- Royal blue is Mid-level concentration of FHH
- Cyan blue is lowest level of FHH
- Magenta (Public Housing Sites)...Notice the relationship between public housing locations and areas with high concentrations of FHH
- 7. Map Point Targets are Banks
|D.C. Area with Parks and Metro Lines with Color Background|
|D.C. Area with Parks and Metro Lines|
|Map Showing Census Tracts (FHH) and Public Housing Sites|
|Downtown D.C. and Bank Locations|